My Friendhood to Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Friendhood to Games

What Are Your Friendhood to Games?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guide for the 10 uber shields

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guide for the 10 uber shields Empty Guide for the 10 uber shields Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Sweetard

Sweetard

Data:

Golden Shield of Legacy / Golden Shield

Defense modifiers:
Melee: +12
Ranged: +12
Magic: +15

Elemental modifiers:
-20% to Light/Darkness
All other elements: -10%

Analysis: One of the best shield in the game. This shield is an old-time legendary shield. Not only for popularity sake but power-wise as well. -10% to the rest of the elements except Darkness and Light where you get -20% defense. Golden Shield is mainly one of the most common shield for Mage users.

Nemesis Shield

Defense modifiers:
Melee: +15
Magic: +12

Elemental modifiers:
-10% to Fire, Water, Earth and Light
-15% to Wind, Ice, Energy and Darkness

Analysis: It offers a slightly better distribution of Resistance (thanks to h dog). In my opinion, this shield is good to start with while you climb up the stairs to get the other shields. It provides good amount of defense. This shield is a good choice to use with any other armor. Probably a good alternative of Golden Shield

Siege Tower Shield

Defense modifiers:
Melee: 0
Ranged: +25
Magic: -5

Elemental modifiers:
-15% to Fire, Wind, Earth and Darkness
-5% to Water, Ice, Energy and Light

Analysis: A great shield to use with any armor especially Shadow Cloak. Gives great defense on Range. Pretty useful to use on any monster who is using a Ranged type attacks. It's pretty good to have this shield if you could afford it at 300k gold. Pretty expensive just like any uber shield.

Sackelberry Special

Defense modifiers:
Melee: +25
Ranged: -5
Magic: 0

Elemental modifiers:
-15% to Fire, Earth, Energy and Light
-5% to the rest of the element

Analysis: A great shield for Melee defense. With Shadow Cloak and Warrior's Egde including this shield, you can get up to 85 Melee Defense. Pretty uber don't you think? This shield is commonly use to battle Trolls. A great shield to own. Pretty expensive I must say. cost at 300k gold.

Spell Blocker

Defense modifiers:
Melee: -5
Ranged: +0
Magic: +25

Elemental modifiers:
-20% to Ice and Water
-5% to the rest of the element

Analysis: Another great shield to own! It has a good Magic Defense. This shield is pretty good to have. Most players use it on monster that does Magic type of attack. With the right equipment (amor + shield + misc item), you could have a great defense on Magic defense. It cost 300k gold. Expensive I must say. The bad side of this shield is that it only gives protection against two element which is Ice and Water. A decent shield.

Shadowbones

Defense Modifiers:
Melee: +13
Ranged: +13
Magic: +13

Elemental Modifiers:
-13% to Darkness
-3% to the rest of the element

Special Ability: The elements of the first 2 attacks you get hit with after equipping this shield will decrease by 5% (so if its 2 dark hits dark will go to -23%, if its one dark and one fire its -8% Fire, -18% Dark)

Analysis: An uber shield that cost 200k gold. It's cheap compared to any of the S Shields. This shield has it's own unique ability.
With Shadow Cloak and Head of Raydius Dragon on, fighting a monster that hits you with Darkness, you could get up to 17% Darkness defense. It's very uber! A great shield to fight uber Darkness monster. I highly recommend you to get this if you want a great defense on Darkness.

Reign Defender

Defense Modifiers:
Ranged: +15

Elemental Modifiers:
-20% to Fire and Energy
-10% to the rest of the element.

Analysis: An uber shield, that cost 200k gold. A bit cheaper compared to the S Shields. This shield gives a great defense against Fire and Energy. With the Reign Plate on, it could give you up to 45% in fire and energy defense. This shield doesn't have any special ability like Shadowbones. Completely different. A best shield to fight a fire monster.

IronThorn

Defense Modifiers:
NONE.

Elemental Modifiers:
NONE.

Special Ability: If the attack is Melee or Ranged, it gains an additional 133.(3)% Base and Random (for a total of 200%). Normal Player attacks (not Spells or Specials) deal 150% Base and Random damage, but have -10% BTH. If you're in Berserker Hides the penalty is reduced by 1% per level of Berserker you have.

Analysis: An uber shield, well not really. It cost 300k gold. Pretty expensive. This shield is mainly for offensive purpose. It does not provide any defense at all like any other ubers do. Not really recommended for monsters that have high defense. All I can say is that use this shield at your own risk. This shield is mainly for offensive purpose like I already said before. Also note that IT have -10 BTH. In my opinion, this shield works greatly for Warriors and Rangers. Pretty useful for Hybrids too!

Asgardian Shield

Defense Modifiers:
Melee: +14
Ranged: +14
Magic: +14

Elemental Modifiers:
-12% to Fire and Earth
-18% to Water, Wind, Ice and Energy
-5% to Light and Darkness

Analysis: An epic shield. It cost 500k gold which cost more than any other ubers. Provide well defense on Water, Wind, Ice and Energy. Asgardian have a trigger which is very impressive. FULL SET* BONUS TRIGGER: The Ranged Attack Bonus increases to 1.2 x Base & Random and also applies to the Special.
*(Having your Armor, Weapon and Shield each be from the Thunder, Valhallan, or Asgardian Sets). Simply amazing!

Asgardian is also recommended for everyone. Truly epic sets. Asgardian are mainly for characters which is level 100 and above. It is also better than any other ubers in terms of power and defense. It even outdone the Reign set. I also recommend you to get this once you reach level 100 and have some spare amount of gold. Asgardian having two hits at level 100 is simply great!

Valhallan Shield

Defense Modifiers:

Elemental Modifiers:
-10% to Fire and Earth
-15% to Water, Wind, Ice and Energy
-5% to Light and Darkness

Analysis: An uber shield. It cost 200k gold which is pretty cheap than Asgardian shield. Provide nice amount of defense on Melee, Ranged and Magic. Slightly lower than Asgardian by 2 which is still pretty good. This shield is part of the Thunder Items.
It also have a trigger. FULL SET* BONUS TRIGGER: The Ranged Attack Bonus increases to 1.2 x Base & Random and also applies to the Special.
*(Having your Armor, Weapon and Shield each be from the Thunder, Valhallan, or Asgardian Sets)

The trigger works the same way as Asgardian. My opinion on this shield that it is still the great shield to get.

clown

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum